I write for a number of publications, specialising in interpreting, translation, humour and Christianity. I have specific experience in helping people to engage with research and in applying research skills to everyday life. In addition to the highlights below, I also write a regular column on translation and interpreting research for the ITI Bulletin entitled “The R Word”.
Translation & Interpreting
- Inventions for Freelancers
- Interpreting as a Restorative Act
- Why Language Learning Will Not Reduce Interpreting Costs
- Whose Job is it to Make you a Translator?
- What Airports Reveal About Religious Pluralism
- Blood Moons and Confirmation Bias
- Translation is Important but Worth Less than Love
- Loving Your Enemy (Combatant)
- The Toddler’s Guide to Doing a PhD
- The Wisdom of Non Experts
- Bouncing Ball Research
- What Every Client Wants
- A Cartoon Script for Mox’s Blog
- Articles for Speculative Grammarian under the pseudonym “Trent Slater“